Wednesday, April 6, 2011

HELP US HELP THE PEOPLE OF JAPAN: Brazilian Blowout/Operation Japan


Help us help the survivors of Japan's
earthquakes and tsunami on April 11
Like millions of other Americans and other people around the world, I sat in front of the television watching with horror as Japan was struck by a devastating earthquake and then the tsunami it caused.  Feeling helpless, I thought “What could I do to help?”  I wondered, turning to my wife and telling her that we must do SOMETHING for the innocent victims. The usual “cut-a-thon” that those of us in this profession initiate whenever we feel moved to help in times of such dire need just did not feel like enough. 

I went to my salon the next day, and told my staff my idea: We will dedicate the entire business day of Monday, April 11, to providing area residents with the hottest trend in the beauty industry right now, the “Brazilian Blowout.” And then we would give 100% of the entire day’s proceeds to the American Red Cross to be used solely for relief efforts in Japan. I would personally donate the products required to perform this service, so all money generated will go to the cause. I immediately received the full support and enthusiasm of my entire salon team.  

I truly believe that my dedicated staff and I will be able to generate over $12,000 in that one day, if each stylist is fully booked. I am also looking for corporate sponsors to match our salon’s donation.

Not only that, but I asked the company that makes “Brazilian Blowout” to promote this fundraising event to every salon in America that buys their product. The funds that could be raised in the State of Florida alone, with 335 salons providing the “Brazilian Blowout,” would exceed $4 million; with a nation-wide event the number could easily exceed $100 million.

The “Brazilian Blowout” is a professional smoothing treatment that leaves hair smooth and frizz-free without harmful chemicals. It is the only smoothing treatment that actually improves the health of the hair. The entire treatment is completed in 90 minutes, and the results last up to 12 weeks. The cost of the “Brazilian Blowout” is $350 to $400, depending on the length and thickness of the hair. 

If you have ever had the Brazilian Blowout, there has never been a better time for you to not only try this amazing service, but to do it for such a worthy cause. If you have ever had a Brazilian keratin treatment before, this formaldehyde-free treatment blows away any results you may have had using that toxic method of hair straightening, and again, the entire cost of your treatment will be donated to help those who cannot help themselves. 

Together, we can come to the rescue of the brave people of Japan; and we hope that you will feel moved to have a “Brazilian Blowout” at our salon at Two City Plaza in Downtown West Palm Beach on April 11. For an appointment, please call the salon at (561) 833-7611. Space is limited, so call today. 

For more information, please search for our Facebook Cause page, “Brazilian Blowout-Operation Japan”  or our "Help Us Help the People of Japan" page. If you don’t need this treatment, please consider making a donation and please share this with your friends who may be able to participate in this effort to make a change in the lives of the people in this devastated land.

No comments: